Phoenix – Former Congressman and Republican gubernatorial candidate Matt Salmon today announced the formation of his Law Enforcement Coalition. This group of leading law enforcement officials across Arizona form the foundation of a coalition that will advise the campaign’s policy agenda on issues related to law and order, the criminal justice system, stronger border security and making our communities safer for families.
“These founding members of our Law Enforcement Coalition have dedicated their lives to keeping our families and communities safe. It’s incredibly important to me that law enforcement has a seat at the table in policy debates taking place throughout Arizona. At a time when far-left activists are trying to vilify those in uniform, I want police officers, sheriffs, and others to know that we will have their backs every second of every day. I can’t wait – as governor – to work with these courageous Arizonans,” said Salmon.
The founding members of Salmon’s Law Enforcement Coalition include:
- Colonel Frank Milstead, Former Director of the Arizona Department of Public Safety
- David Rhodes, Yavapai County Sheriff
- Richard Mack, Former Graham County Sheriff & Founder of the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association
- Debora Black, Retired Prescott Police Chief & Former Glendale Police Chief
- Derek Arnson, Retired Nogales Police Chief
- Douglas Price, Former Special Agent in Charge of the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s (FBI) Phoenix Division
You can read Salmon’s op-ed in the Arizona Capitol Times about how he will work to stand up for law enforcement here.
Serving as a coalition member does not denote an endorsement of Matt Salmon’s candidacy for Governor.